Introduction to the Zentangle Series of books by Suzanne McNeill
The Zentangle® method turns drawings into artistic designs, while reducing stress and improving focus. This relaxing process can be done anywhere, and no artistic talent is needed.
Developed by Rick Roberts and Maria Thomas, the traditional Zentangle method is a ritual to help get in touch with life while creating beautiful art. Zentangle is used as a learning skill for school children, as stress reduction for adults, and it helps develop dexterity. In addition, the Zentangle method can help you create fabulous works of art that resemble etchings.Embellish journals, scrapbooks, art, paintings, and cards. There is really no limit to creativity.
The Zentangle Basics book helps students and educators get started. It features step-by-step illustrations for 25 tangles. Also included are tips for how to relate Zentangle to learning for spelling, math, social studies, geometry, and art. Suzanne McNeill, CZT shares great tips on including
Zentangle in your art and in your life.
Books included in this series are:
- Zentangle 1 – Basics
- Zentangle 2 – Ideas for Scrapbooks and Journals
- Zentangle 3 – Tangling with Rubber Stamps
- Zentangle 4 – Fresh Ideas with Templates, Stencils and Shapes
- Zentangle 5 – More Tangles and Fabulous Jewellery
- Zentangle 6 – Terrific Stencils and Cards
- Zentangle 7 – Inspiring Circles, Zendalas & Shapes
- Zentangle 8 – Monograms and Alphabets
- Zentangle 9 – Colour with Mixed Media
- Zentangle 10 – Ideas for Origami and Paper Crafts
Publisher’s synopsis for Zentangle 4 – Fresh Ideas with Templates, Stencils and Shapes
Zentangle helps reduce stress and improve focus. This relaxing process turns simple drawings into artistic design. It can be done anywhere and no ‘artistic' talent is needed. Embellish paper tiles, scrapbooks. journals, paintings, quilts, art and cards There is really no limit to your creativity.
1st edition, 2011, paperback, 19pp, full colour throughout, 21.7 x 27.5cm