160 Inspirational Card Designs and Definitive Cardmaking Techniques
The Cardmaker's Bible is designed to be your essential step-by-step guide to
card-making occasions and techniques. In all 160 card designs are included, and, helpfully, these are organized into three card-giving sections.
- Discover essential techniques for professional-looking cards, from stamping and embossing to quilling, iris folding and 3D decoupage.
- Be inspired by card designs for every age and occasion from top designers, including Francoise Read, Julie Hickey and Elizabeth Moad.
- Use punches, stamps, stencils and peel-off stickers with various tools, embellishments, card and paper to decorate your cards.
- Projects include cards for: Valentine's Day, Easter, Wedding, New Home, Birthday, Retirement, Halloween, Anniversary, Good Luck, Christmas, New Baby, Travel
No doubt, you are keen to make your choice of card and get started straight away, but it will pay in the long run if you take the time to get to grips with a few fundamentals, so take the time to review Cardmaker's Basics before you begin.
- A Cardmakerís Calender - Designs to celebrate the seasonal events throughout the year.
- Lifeís Special Moments - Features cards to commemorate memorable events and personal achievements.
- Birthdays For each and every person's special day, with designs to suit all ages and interests.
The cards included use a wide range of papercraft techniques, from die-cutting to tea
bag folding. Making a card is a great way to try your hand at a new technique, and, if this is the case, you will find the Techniques section at the back of the book invaluable, providing advice on tools and materials, outlining the rudimentary skills and exploring creative ideas.
1st edition, 2011, paperback, 192pp, full colour throughout, 22.2 x 27.6