This beautiful and inspirational book teaches adults and older children the skills needed to write elegantly, decoratively and flamboyantly, in a range of modern and traditional calligraphy styles, suitable for every greeting card and scrapbooking purpose, as well as for other projects.
Practical information is given on creating pleasing layouts for wording and pages, adding written inserts into cards and attaching lettering written on separate layers of paper and card. Embossing, rubbings, printing with carved erasers, linocut lettering and other techniques for creative lettering are also explained.
Creative ideas for addressing envelopes are provided and, for occasions when cards need to be produced and sent in quantity, techniques to aid “mass production” are explained.
The book is fully illustrated with diagrams, annotated alphabets and photographs of finished works and stages in their creation.
- Tricks of the trade that enable budding calligraphers to attain professional results
- Numerous decorative and instructive illustrations
- Detailed step-by-step instructions
- Gallery, providing stimulating and creative ideas for personal designs
- A goldmine of useful resources
1st edition 2012, paperback, 176pp, full colour throughout, packed with illustrations