Learn the popular craft of papermaking from an expert.
With clear, easy-to-follow instructions and step-by-step illustrations, expert Helen Hiebert covers every imaginable aspect of creating one-of-a-kind papers and using those papers in fun, creative, and beautiful ways. With techniques ranging from beginning to advanced, this essential handbook is sure to be one that paper crafters return to again and again.
- Make stunning, colourful papers from recycled junk mail
- Set up or even build your own inexpensive equipment
- Emboss, laminate, and watermark your papers
- Harvest your own plants for papermaking as the ancients did
- Learn to paint and even sculpt with pulp
- Craft unforgettable flower petal cards and stationery
- Share the fun of papermaking with children
- Make paper photo frames, books, lampshades, and more
What others say…
Helen Hiebert provides papermakers with a valuable resource, a pleasing mix of historical, technical, and practical information, accompanied by clear drawings and instructions. She draws wisely and respectfully from her colleagues to supplement her own vast knowledge." Michael Durgin, Editor and Co-Founder, Hand Papermaking magazine
About the author…
Helen Hiebert, the author of Paper-making with Plants, is a nationally recognized paper artist, teacher, and a board member of Friends of Dard Hunter, a national organization of papermakers. She maintains a studio and teaches handmade paper techniques in Portland, Oregon.
1st edition 2000, Pb, 218pp, packed with illustrations and line drawings, 20.5 x 20.3 cm