Following on from its successful predecessor, Uncommon Numbers, the articles covered in The Uncommon Numbers Manual takes the readers understanding of how numerals need to relate their alphabetic counterparts.
After an inspiring opening chapter by Brenda Casey Zoby that reminds of what we learnt in Uncommon Numbers, we are treated to 8 master classes from eminent calligraphers that show us how we should approach and create our numerals for the following different hands:
A must for every Calligrapher’s book shelf!!.
- Uncial with Sheila Waters
- Blackletter with Ward Dunbar
- Italics with Alice Koeth
- Copperplate with Georgina Artigas
- Foundational Variation with Cheryl Adams
- Neuland with Carl Rohrs
- Pointed Pen with Michael Kecseg – and finally,
- Design with Italic Letters and Numbers with Julian Waters
See also The Uncommon Numbers Trilogy (B1222), where this volume and the other 2 Uncommon Numbers Books are available as a set complete with free slip case and at a discounted price
1st edition, 1996, Pb, 64pp, monochrome throughout, 21.5 x 14 cm